Information for course participants
All course participants are expected to have taken notice of the information on this page.
Enrollment in courses and workshops is possible twice each academic year: prior to Semester 1 and prior to Semester 2. All KLI members will receive a call for enrollment by e-mail. Registration takes places during the registration period and in the registration tool. When asking for participation later on via email we cannot guarantee that you can participate.
New PhD students can also enroll during the rest of the year under two conditions:
– Their application procedure has to be completed in full;
– There have to be places available in the course. This can be checked by contacting KLI.email@example.com.
Participants will receive information of their enrolment after the closure of the registration period, and will be notified of the exact location, literature etc. by e-mail prior to the course or workshop.
To enroll during the registration period, please go to the course program website and log in. Your login is your e-mail address as known in the KLI administration. For setting your password, you can go to the Login section at the upper right corner of the site and choose ‘forgot my password’. You can then reset your password via the e-mail that will be sent to your e-mail address. When logged in, you can register for the courses that you want to participate in. Please note that your participation needs to be confirmed after the registration period has ended, because some courses do have a waiting list.
Participation for KLI members
Because some courses have a maximum number of participants, it may at first not be possible to participate in all the courses you have enrolled in. If there are more interested participants than places, we make a distribution based on seniority, meaning that we look at how long someone is a KLI member. PhD students in their senior year have less chance of being able to take a course again in following years, so they will come first. After the registration period has ended, you will be notified if you are participating, or that you are on a waiting list. Being on the waiting list means that you can be notified later on that a place has become available.
Participation for non-KLI members
As of 2015, PhD students who are not a member of the Kurt Lewin Institute can, under certain conditions, participate in KLI courses and workshops, and receive a course certificate. These conditions are:
– There have to be places available in the course, so we can confirm your place only after the closure of the registration period for KLI members.
– The course fee for non-members is 350,- euros for a one-day course and 500,- euros for a 2-day course. You will receive an invoice after attending the course.
For KLI members, the costs for participation in the teaching program are included in the annual membership fee. Additional activities outside the teaching program such as the KLI conference will be organized on a different basis; participants will be requested to pay a fee for such additional activities.
– We expect you to attend all courses you have registered for.
– When you are unable to attend a course, please inform the KLI-office (KLI.firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, so that someone else from the waiting list can take your place.
– In case of cancellation less than a week before the workshop, or when not showing up without any notification, a warning will be sent. In case of 3 late cancellations or not participating without notification, exclusion from the KLI teaching program can follow. Please bear in mind that the teachers, the participants and those on the waiting list all are KLI members, so not showing up without notification is also disadvantageous to your peers.
– If you are not able to participate in a course, you cannot allocate ‘your’ place to someone else yourselves, as this would be unfair to the other people on the waiting list (if a waiting list applies to that course). If someone participates via this unofficial way, he/she will not receive credits for this course. In all situations, unregistered potential participants need to check with the KLI administration first if they are welcome to participate.
Cancellations because of illness or other special circumstances will of course be accepted without any consequences.
– If a course lasts more than one day, we expect participants to attend all course days. EC’s will only be granted if a course has been fully completed. The only exception here is the Methodological Seminars 1-5 course in Semester 2, as the first session of that course is optional.
– We are open to developing new courses throughout the year, so please feel free to suggest an additional course, for example when you know that an interesting guest speaker is around.
– When a new course is added to the program, this will be communicated via e-mail to the KLI community.
– Each course will be evaluated to monitor the quality. You can find the course evaluation form here.